Sunday, March 18, 2012

Altered Birdcage

Spring is in the air for sure here in ND, no snow on the ground and in the 70's! I'm Lovin it!! It really has me thinking of flowers in bloom. So I remembered I had picked up this birdcage last spring to alter a little and I finally got to it!!
I started out with cream & pink colors but this nice weather we have been having I went right into summer and bright colors!! I really do like bright bold colors over pastel. So I have been making flowers all week. I covered grunge paper with Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas from Ranger and cut out using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die cut. I then sprayed the blue & orange flower with Adirondak color wash stream & sunset orange, love the bright colors!! The yellow flower I used Mustard Seed distress stain. I stamped the leaves with Wendy Vecchi stamp set Ticket to Art and cut out and colored with shabby shutters distress stain, love her stamps!! The little sprigs were cut with Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone die cut and colored with peeled paint distress stain. Not sure if I'm quite done with it yet, I might add a butterfly or something to it yet. This is going to be my entry for the Simon Says Stamp and Show http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com where the theme is Anything Goes. Lot's of fun!!




Thanks for the nice comments on my altered bottle post!! Appreciated!!Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Donna

3 comments:

  1. I think these colours are just fabulous and look great against that white cage - love your flowers too! Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those colors are absolutely gorgeous Donna! Love the flowers, that birdcage is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete