Sunday, May 1, 2011

Umbrella Lady

I was so excited the other day, I received Tim's Umbrella Man die cut in the mail and wanted to play with it right away but had to go to work, grrrrr!! Anyway, I couldn't stop thinking of it all day at work and what I was going to use it on. Then I was thinking of the theme this week on SSSS http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com where the them is buttons. I thought ohhh I could use buttons on his umbrella, then quickly thought no he would not look good with colorful buttons on him. Then I thought wonder if I could make a lady out of him, harder then I thought and this is what I came up with... I think from now on I will leave the Umbrella Man a MAN!!


The canvas I used is a 5x5 that I had been playing around with awhile ago with stains, masks etc. and didn't like how it turned out so it has been just sitting in the craft room. I took it out and I was going to paint over the whole thing with traditional tan paint. After the first swipe of paint I kinda liked the look so I ended up just putting swipes of paint here & there and liked the results!!


Other things I used were Tim's scroll, butterfly & heart die cuts and stamps. A little rock candy on the butterfly and some ideaology pieces.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Donna

7 comments:

  1. lol! This is so clever and creative, Donna! I just love the concept, and it looks wonderful! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cute!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna you are so clever! I love the use of the buttons.
    Gail in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put so much work into this! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Donna,

    I have to laugh seeing this umbrella lady !
    But it's great to think outside of the box : all those umbrellamen get me bored after a while...:)

    I like how you used the buttons on the umbrella and the german glass glitter on the body.

    greetings from belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that the gals finally get equal time with that umbrella! Great piece Donna - what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete