Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tim Holtz Sizzix Die Cuts

Oh, I have been bad, bad, bad!!! I have been on a shopping spree, and there is one that wasn't in the photo, the bird cage die! Plus I have a few more on the way!! I have been having fun with these die cuts, and Wendy Vecchi's stamps!! A lot of things in the works but need some time to finish them!! grrrr!!! Not enough hours in a day for me lately!!

I did this necklace with sticky back canvas. Claudine Hellmuth had a video on her blog using sticky back canvas and paper to make a necklace. Then Ranger made her take it off her blog, managed to watch it before it was taken off and tryed my hand at it. You take your paper and lay it on the canvas and spritz with water and roll the back of the paper off, really cool!! Biggest problem I had was fighting with my sewing machine!! lol Need to perfect the technique as we are going to do a class doing them. So fun!!



I did this layout using Tim Holtz Alterations tattered florals die cut, love that die cut!!! I got so excited to put the layout together I forgot to ink the edges of everything (I always ink) must have been tired!! I also used elegant flourishes & styled labels die cuts. For the life of me I could not get a good picture of the layout, I think I pushed to many buttons on my camera that I didn't know what they were for!!!! But it was so fun doing this layout and using flowers!!! I have 4 grandsons so I'm usually scraping them and don't get a chance to use flowers etc. Maddie better look out, she's going to become a photo queen!! lol I'm really liking these die cuts!!! I have been cutting out fabric flowers to make some flower pins. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!




Off to cut more FLOWERS!! Have a good one everyone!!
Donna



5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I l-o-v-e Tim's new dies :) Glad to ahve found another Tim fan. Check out my blog if you have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun things you bought! I can hardly wait to see what you made with it all! Love the examples you have posted today/yesterday?

    Hugs, Pat Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're getting quite the stash! lol The layout and necklace are adorable. I wonder why Ranger made her take it off her blog? Interesting. Aren't those flowers from Tim's die just awesome? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't the dies just fabulous!!! Your layout is gorgeous!!!! and the necklace is fun!!

    ReplyDelete